Kind of along the lines of "give every child a laptop". Instead give every child an e-reader - say age 12/13. Encourage them to read. The technology should hopefully make reading "cool" to them.
I just got a Kindle this week... It friggin rocks!
RE: I just got a Kindle this week... It ...
I'm thinking of getting one one just to take advantage of the huge number of books you can read on a whim. There are so many times I think of a book I'd like to read at 10 o'clock at night but completely forget about by the time I finally get to the bookstore or library.
more ideas in technology
- When I update my blog (twice a week) I post it on Facebook and Twitter. It is automatically more...-wordsbybob
- When your browser opens you can set it to auto open at a set page e.g., Google. Why can't it more...-SueB
- NASA should build a vacuum cleaner for all the space debris more...-SueB
- Encourage reading esp. to middle schoolers and beyond: give every child an e-reader like Kindle. more...-Hairy Maclary
- I am willing to pay a lot for a laptop that has an expandable screen. I want to make it 14 in more...-Jumping Carrot
- why isn't there a programming language that is completely visual. Like coding with legos more...-Gruffalo
- I would like to tint my car windows with an electronic dimmer control. It would be great if I more...-Rock
- I would like to see small Stirling engine powered ceiling fans. Stirling engines run on heat more...-Rock
- Come up with an application that allows you to secretly kick 'marginal' friends off your more...-angrypunkgrrl
- We have the Roomba and Scooba(?) robots that vacuum your room or mop your floors. How about a more...-Hairy Maclary